More than 60 years creating value in society
Ferrer is founded in 1959 under the presidency of Carles Ferrer Salat.
(1931 - 1998).
During the 60s, Ferrer becomes one of the most important companies in the Spanish market.
Ferrer starts its international expansion by means of acquisitions in Germany and by opening subsidiaries in Latin America.
Vertical Integration Complete. New divisions are created between 1976 and 1978 to start manufacturing and commercialising fine chemicals.
A new R&D centre is inaugurated in Barcelona (1977). Ferrer’s historical commitment towards the research and development of innovative pharmaceutical products is consolidated.
GMP standards are implemented throughout all Ferrer’s factories, placing the company at the forefront of the sector where technology is concerned.
A number of acquisitions are made and Medir Ferrer and Ferrer Alimentación are expanded, strengthening the company’s presence in the food supplement and fine chemicals sectors.
Ferrer inaugurates the hospital business unit as a strategic department for the future, focussed on the areas of oncology, intensive medicine and pain management.
Starting in the year 2000, Ferrer is acknowledged as one of the foremost national R&D-based pharmaceutical companies.
The new subsidiaries, joint ventures and acquisitions reinforce Ferrer’s presence in Southern Europe and throughout Latin America.
Ferrer operates in the different healthcare system segments. New acquisitions in prescription, OTC and animal nutrition have seen the company’s volume grow. Customised medicine and advanced technological platforms allow for launching an innovative trajectory.
New logistics centre and expansion of the factory with LEED certification for sustainable construction. Launch of the sustainability strategy Our planet, Our Life.
Under its new CEO Mario Rovirosa, Ferrer enters into a new stage of renovation by concentrating on the areas of prescription, specialised, in-house and incremental innovation medication.